Monday, February 11, 2008

The Fortress


This is what happens when you lock yourself out of your apartment in the D.R. We actually beat the doorknob off with a hammer! Unfortunately, that part of the doorknob was thrown out before I got the camera out (I'm too efficiently clean for my own good sometimes) . It was kind of funny because it happened yesterday when we got home from church with four hungry munchkins and two friends. Our friend, Francis, actually did the hammering while his four year old watched agast saying "Wow Poppy!" The kids werent' too happy, but I thought it added some variety to our day :) It's also good to know for ourselves that you can't get in here without either a lot of hammering or a three story ladder.


To my Nanny I also wanted to say today that I love you and wish I could have celebrated your birthday with you! I sent you an e-mail, but I also wanted to give you an honorary place in my blog today :) I respect you very much for the life you have lived. You are a strong woman and I am thankful for you and for the support and love you have always given me. I miss you.


I am going to take some pics of Alex at the pool today and then I'll be set to do my updates on the kids!

3 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Wow - that does make for some excitement! So where were the keys, and WHO was the culprit in forgetting them?

singin'mama said...

This is hilarious! I don't know how many times I have locked myself out of the house. Thank goodness for 24 hr. emergency service at Orchard Glen! Now we just send Adam through a window in our new house. Fun times to laugh upon eh?

Sarah said...

Forgetting the keys was totally a joint effort! I had put them in the bag with the clothespins (as is my habit) because we have a padlock on the door to the roof. So, they weren't out in their usual place where we could see them. But JOE locked the door without asking the usual "honey do you have the keys!" Personally, I think I'm probably the worse cuprit :)

These are fun times to laugh on! We are actually surprised that this didn't happen sooner because we are notorious for locking ourselves out! I bet Adam loves going through the window!

2 Timothy 1:7

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."