Friday, December 14, 2007

Having fun

This is "our aguacate guy." He's one of the many fruit vendors who comes down our street everyday. He whistles and shouts "aguacate (avocado)!!" He then rattles off the names of the other fruits in his cart really, really fast. When we hear him, the kids will climb up in the front window and shout "Senor!" and then he'll stop and wait for me to come down. I like to buy avocados and bananas from him. Sometimes I'll get a pineapple, cantaloupe, mango, or some oranges too. It's really fun to have your very fresh fruit come right to your door everyday! Well, yesterday the kids were in the living room playing blocks. We heard him whistle and Ivy looks up and shouts "aguacate!!" It was soooo cute and I couldn't believe she said it! So I said "Ivy do you want an aguacate?" She stomps her little feet and sticks out her bum (I don't know why she does this but it always means she's happy) and says "ya, ya, yaaaaa." I loved it. My baby is learning Spanish :)







The kids are also into playdough and clay again lately. Alex is holding his version of Shreck (even though he hasn't seen that movie) and Emma made a caterpillar.

















Ethan is also learning new skills! I have found a benefit to this teeny tiny washer!


The kids think it's great fun, and I've been amazed to find that even my 3 year old wants a turn to do the laundry :) I came around the corner to find him finishing up the tablecloth. Of course, this is NOT one of Ethan's assigned household jobs. I think that just adds to the excitement for him though.



Ivy has discovered the fun of Emma's Barbie lipsticks (among other things hidden in Emma's closet). I thought she looked a little strange, and on further inspection had nothing more to say than, "Wow Ivy aren't you beautiful!" Of course, she thought so and every little girl has to do this at least once.


5 comments:

Kendra said...

I can't believe how big your kids are. Why do kids love doing laundry so much? If only it were as fun to fold and put away!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Love it! Great to see your kids. Love Ivy's pretty face! (Hey better there than all over your walls like my kids did to your place - oops!) You seem happy. Our email is our first two initials (Mr. Man's first) and last name @gmail.com.

Shawny said...

Sarah! So great to see how you are doing. Heard rumor you were abroad. Your kids are so big and so cute! I hope all is going well.

Shawny said...

Sarah! It's great to see what you are up to and that you are doing so well. I heard you were abroad and hope that is a fun and exciting experience! Your kids have grown so much and are so cute!

Sarah said...

Hey Shawny! Where is your blog? I need to read Blogging for Dummies! I want to see yours and read what you are up to :)

2 Timothy 1:7

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."