Thursday, December 27, 2007

More of Santo Domingo

I had a minute without kids on my lap and thought I would post some more pictures of the area we live in! I also wanted to say how thankful I am for all of the people in my life! I am so blessed to still be in touch with so many good friends. Thanks to all of you for being a part of my life!


The Ashton School from the street

The main classroom building-the swimming pool is behind the tree and the blue fence there. Farther to the right is an open courtyard.


Alex with the school duck! Actually there are two. They understand Spanish and like to eat the ficus tree leaves....interesting.



Alex working at Joe's desk and my Emma blissfully hanging from a ficus tree near the lunch tables.




A plant nursery in our neighborhood that we pass on the way home from school and the colmado where we get our bottled water. A colmado is like a convenience store here but they deliver. Those are motorcycles with plastic crates on the back. You give them a call and they send a kid on a motorcycle with your water or whatever else you may want from the colmado! This is just down the street from our apartment. Oh, it also doubles as a little car lot :)



Our apartment building-we're the apt. on the top left and this is our street-that's Emma by the black car and Joe pushing the stroller. To the right is a salon and then the construction site.

Well, that's enough for tonight. Hope this gives you a better idea of what our teeny corner of Santo Domingo looks like! I have more, but I'll save them for later! Have a great day...

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

Hi Sarah, I am so proud of you!! After reading about your experiences and seeing how you have faced your challenges head-on, I am amazed at your strength and tenacity!! Thank you for sharing this blog with me, what a great way for me to get a feel of life there and how you all are coping and thriving and growing in the midst of it all!!

You definetly have a flair for writing and do a wonderful job expressing feelings and emotions. I hope you continue to nurture that gift!!

Thank you again for sharing pictures and giving us a small glimpse of life in the Dominican Republic...Can't wait to read the next installment!! Love you

Mom Ritchie

Sarah said...

Thanks! I'm glad you visited-I am keeping a blog for friends and family. It's my way of keeping everyone close. Love you

2 Timothy 1:7

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."